Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Ricotta and Lemon Pancakes

I woke up early this morning wondering what to make for breakfast. I had a cup of ricotta cheese leftover from dinner last night so I thought if I don't use this now it will end up going to waste in my fridge. I looked up recipes and found a Giada recipe that seemed super easy! I just added a little to it.
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups pancake and waffle mix (I used buttermilk Krusteaz)
1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
1 2/3 cup of whole milk
Zest from 1 lemon and juice from half of it.
I mixed all of the ingredients together lightly, not over working it. Heated the pan at medium high heat. Put a little butter and used a ladle to put in probably 2/3 a cup in the center of the pan and cook till browned on one side then flipped.
They came out so delicious, light and slightly salty from the ricotta but sweet with the pure maple syrup I topped them with. I am soooo full and Zara is kicking in delight, or a sugar rush, I'm not sure which....

No comments:

Post a Comment