Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Spicy Pan Seared Salmon with Crispy Skin topped with Avocado and Lime Salsa.

This is seriously my new favorite way of eating Salmon! I sometime hate salmon but made this way I never will again! This was super easy to make and pretty quick in my opinion. This made enough for 2 servings with salsa enough for 4. I can eat the salsa with a spoon it's so good but you could put it over anything!

For the salsa I sliced up 1/4th of a large red onion into thin half moons. Then cubed a large avocado and put that in the bowl with the onions.
Put in the juice of 1 and 1/2 limes, mine were large so use 2 if they are medium.
Then I cubed up half a large roasted red bell pepper from a jar that was also flavored with garlic (yum!)
Then put in salt and pepper and like 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Carefully mixed and put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
For the salmon I totally forgot to take a picture which drives me crazy when I do but I bought .65 of a pound of Atlantic Salmon with the skin on. Sprinkled the flesh side with 1 tsp of cumin, chipotle powder, onion salt, sweet paprika, and pepper. It's really your choice what to spice your salmon with but I like these flavors. Then I put it in the fridge for 30 minutes to meld. The key to crispy skin is to get the pan smoking hot with some olive oil. Dry the skin side with a paper towel and lay in in the pan skin side down. Immediately turn the temp to medium heat and let the salmon cook low and slow. The initial hot heat will make sure the skin is crispy but won't over cook the rest. I cooked it 90% of the way on the skin side down then flipped it for the last minute on the other side to get those spices cooked into the flesh. So so good! Put it on a plate and spooned the salsa over it. YUM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment