Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pork Fried Rice.

This is a good go to when you have leftovers. I went to dinner the other night and had this amazing pork chop! It is slow roasted and caramalized with amazing flavor and is huge! I usually make a hash with the leftovers but instead chopped up that meat for fried rice! So good!!The key to stir fry or fried rice is to get all of your ingredients ready to go! I chopped up 2 carrots, 8 mushrooms, half a large onion, 2 green onions, a cup of napa cabbage, and minced 2 cloves of garlic and an inch of fresh ginger.
I chopped up 2 cups of my leftover pork chop and scrambled 4 eggs. You normally want only 2-3 eggs but that's my husbands favorite part so I add more.
Earlier today I cooked 4 cups of white rice and put it in the fridge to cool. Cold rice fries the best!
I started with 1/3 a cup of veggie oil at a medium high heat. Added the onions and carrots, sautéed for a few minutes.
Then added the sliced mushrooms and sautéed for 5 minutes.
When they are caramalized I added the ginger, garlic, and bottom half of the green onions. 
Then added a couple spoonfulls of bean sprouts and sautéed for 2 minutes.
Then I added the cold rice.
Mixed it lightly and let sit for 3 minutes without stiring it so it can fry. Mixed lightly again and let sit for 3 more minutes frying.
While it's frying for the last 3 minutes top with the pork and cabbage. Then mix them in.
Make a hole and add the scrambled egg, a pinch of salt, and some pepper.
Once the eggs are cooked I added 1/4 a cup of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of Rice Wine Vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of Sambal chili paste
Mix and turn off heat letting it all warm through. Top with the tops of the green onions. So good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment