Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Nacho Stuffed Chicken with Refried Beans and Corn

For the stuffing inside the chicken I put in a bowl 1 tbls of diced green chilies from a can and chopped them up more, 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 ounce grated cheddar cheese, 2 ounces grated Monterey jack cheese. 1/3 cup sour cream, 1 green onion, thinly sliced, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, and Salt and freshly ground black pepper. I mixed that together and put in the fridge to meld.Then I put 4 chicken breast halves on a cutting board to stuff.
I put the filling in a small plastic baggie.
Cut the tip off the bag then made a hole in the chicken breast by poking a long sharp knife into the thick part and wiggling it to make a pocket. Then put the tip of the Baggie in and squeezed. Squishing the ingredients around in the bag before snipping, getting it warmed and more squeezable helps. Put 1/4 of the stuffing in each chicken breast half.
Then I rolled each piece if chicken in some flour.
Into a shallow dish with 2 eggs scrambled.
Then into a shallow dish that I filled with tortilla crumbs into. I just put 6 cups into a bag and smashed them till they were small pieces. And seasoned them with some taco seasoning.
Then laid the chicken in about half an inch of veggie oil set at medium heat. You want to slowly fry them so the chicken cooks and the tortilla chips don't burn.
I cooked them for about 8 minutes a side then put them in the oven at 350° for 12 minutes to finish.
Then plated! Delicious! I served mine with hot sauce. But salsa would taste just as good and maybe sour cream too!

No comments:

Post a Comment