Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Chinese Chicken Salad with Fried Wantons and Toasted Almonds, topped with a Sesame Dressing.

This dressing is so yummy! It's my new favorite! First I put in 1 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil.6 tablespoons of seasoned rice vinegar, mine was a roasted garlic flavor.
1 1/2 tsp of sugar
1 tsp of sesame oil
1 tbls of soy sauce
2 tbls of sesame seeds
1/4 a tsp of salt and some ground black pepper to taste. Whisk then let sit in the fridge and meld,

To make the crispy wantons I took 10 square wantons and cut them into strips. Next time u would do thinner ones but they still tasted great!
I put 2 tbls of vegetable oil on medium high heat. Dropped in the wanton strips and let cook a couple mins each side, when they are golden brown I took them out.
And put on a paper towel to drain.
I toasted 1/3 a cup of sliced almonds

For the chicken I baked it. I put 2 chicken breasts on a foil covered pan and sprinkled them with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Then baked for 10 minutes on one side and 10 on the other side at 450° then let rest before slicing to serve. I also boiled some mini pasta to top the salad with too! It was so yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment