Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Diced Ham and Roasted Sweet Potato Frittata with Cheddar, Parmesan, and Goat Cheese

Here is a super easy frittata that I made with Zara in mind. She loves sweet potato and can't get enough of eggs! This broke down perfect into small pieces for her and she will be able to eat it easy when she gets older!Served it to my baby girl chopped up more than this but you know I like a pretty picture :)
First I took a large sweet potato, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces. Put it on a foil lined baking, poured some olive oil, salt and pepper over them. Then roasted in the oven at 350° for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile in a large bowl I cracked 8 eggs, whisked, then added 1 cup of milk (I used 2 %) and whisked that in.
NextI added half a bag of pre chopped ham. It was an 8 oz bag so about 4 oz. I like it cause it's pretty finely chopped for Zara. Or you can chop your own ham.
Next I added half a cup of shredded sharp cheddar.
Half a cup of shredded Parmesan and 1/4 a cup of crumbled goat cheese. You can use feta too but this is what I had. I also added 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley.
I lined a glass baking dish with 2 pieces of wax paper cut to fit and sprayed with pam. 
Then I added the roasted sweet potato pieces into the bottom.
Then poured the egg and cheese mixture over them.
I baked for 30 minutes at 380° because my oven is a little off temp. I can't wait for a new one!! But basically cook it till it's browned and the center is set. 
Let cool them serve!
I chopped it up a lot more for Zara, she handled the pieces great! She kept reaching for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment