Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Pesto Chicken Parmesan

This is easy peasy for sure! I used some of my homemade Asparagus-Spinach Pesto that I put in another post but you can use any type of pesto or even store bought.
First in a large sprayed baking dish lay 4 thin chicken cutlets, I bought them this way but you could take 2 breasts, slice and pound them thin. Salt and pepper these.Take about half a cup of pesto and rub it over the breasts on both sides.
Then pour over like 3/4 a cup of marinara sauce, I used pizza sauce cause it's what I had on hand.
Then sprinkle with half a cup to a cup of shredded mozzarella. Put in a preheated oven at 350° and bake for 30 minutes till bubbly and brown on top.
I cooked some noodles and added a tbls of butter and some salt then steamed some green beans for a side. Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. If I dont have a glass pan can I use a metal one? Does it affect the temperature and how long it bakes for?

    ReplyDelete