Monday, August 18, 2014

Red and Green Enchilada Rice Casserole

Super Easy and Very Yummy! I served with Tortilla Chips for texture.
First I put in a large bowl 1 can of regular Refried beans.
Then the chicken shredded from 1 rotisserie chicken.
1 10oz can of medium heat Green Enchilada Sauce.
1 10 oz can of medium heat Red Enchilada Sauce.
I added maybe a tsp of taco seasoning but you could use half a tsp of cumin, chili powder, and any other seasonings you like in your taco seasoning. And 1 tsp of salt and some fresh cracked pepper. This is all to your taste so test it and add more if you feel it needs it!
Then I added 1 bag of cooked rice. I used a bag of minute rice that ended up being 3 cups but you can use 3-4 cups of cooked rice. Make sure it isn't over cooked cause it will cook more in the oven.
Mixed that together.
Then I shredded 1 cup of white cheddar and 1 cup of sharp cheddar. Mixed that up and added half to the mixture and stirred that in. You can use any blend of cheese you like!
I sprayed a large casserole dish and poured the mixture in.
Toped it with half a can of corn, I believe it was a 15oz can. Then topped with the rest of the cheese.
Then I baked at 350° for 30 minutes till it was hot and bubbly! You can crumble tortilla chips over the top or serve them on the side. I topped mine with lite sour cream and cilantro! Sooo yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment