Thursday, August 7, 2014

Chicken, Broccoli, Rice with White Beans and Sharp Cheddar

Super yummy and very easy!First I chopped up half an onion and sautéed it in some olive oil in a large Dutch oven.
Then I cute 2 large chicken breasts into bite sized peices and seasoned with salt and pepper.
When the onions were soft I threw in the chicken peices and browned them evenly.
When all the pink sides are gone I pushed the chicken to the sides and added a pat of butter.
To the middle if the Dutch oven I poured in a cup of white rice, coating it in the butter and sautéing it for a couple minutes till it gets that toasty color.
Then I poured in 1 and 1/2 cans of chicken broth which is like 3 cups. I brought that to a boil, lowered the heat, covered and cooked for 15 minutes. Meanwhile I chopped up 2 heads if broccoli and boiled the florets till they were a bright green but softened a bit. Then I added the broccoli and a drained and rinsed can of white beans to the Dutch oven.
I added a cup of grated Sharp Cheddar cheese, mixed that together and covered for 5 minutes till the beans were heated through. 
I turned the broiler on and topped with more cheddar and broiled for 6 minutes till browned and bubbly! Yum! And very healthy cause there are no thickeners or cream but it tasted creamy!

No comments:

Post a Comment