Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pea Fritters

After going to Zara's 9 month pediatrician appointment I found out that Zara needs more iron in her diet. So I finally decided to start trying out this baby led weaning stuff and see if she likes it. Here is my attempt at lunch! 

For the fritters I put 1 1/2 cups of flour in a food processor, 3 eggs, 1 large green onion, 1 1/2 cup of peas I thawed out, a handful of fresh parsley, basil, and mint, and the zest of 1 lemon.
Whirled that together till smooth and added a cup of whole peas I left on the side.
Then dolloped it on a flat skillet with a little vegetable spray. When they browned slightly I flipped them. About 2 minutes per side.
Then I served with cottage cheese, cubed tomatoes with strawberry Basalmic drizzled on top, sliced grapes and mangoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment